**** Fallout 2018 ****

Design is everywhere!


The focus on this week was the design of things! I will be talking about the assignments I did this week and my approach at each one first I will be talking about the daily create number 2234. This was creating the felt letter board with my last words on it and putting it in my hideout. I created my last words to include a phrase I say a lot (You’re not wrong) and something that anticipated something that would have gone wrong. I decided to include the bunker we did at week one because I feel like with all those supplies it would be a wonderful place to hideout.

The next assignment I worked on was from the assignment bank. This assignment took me more time than I thought it would because I was trying to make my character look exactly how I imagined him but the generator made him too buff.The main part I liked about the character generator was being able to customize their clothes so I made it look like he was in his old job at blockbusters.

Alex in his natural habitat

After this assignment I did the daily create number 2235. This was creating a fake movie poster based off a prompt a website gave us. The quote it gave me was “Bradley Cooper is an embittered crime scene investigator who believes the same great white shark is responsible for every murder in New York.” so I made this masterpiece.

The next assignment I did was the missing poster assignment from the assignment bank. This one I used Canva in order to find a format that worked for a missing poster because that would be difficult to do in Pixlr. This one I thought of again Alex and how he would deal with the closing of Blockbusters and my thought was he wouldn’t deal with it well.

ALEX GONE MISSING

This next assignment was one of my favorite to do and one of the ones that took forever. The honest Video Game cover assignment was from the assignment bank this was great because all I do is play video games during my free time. I decided I should do one of the games I have played the most of (about 600 hours combined on PC and PS4) which is Overwatch. This game has its good and bad moments but I decided to make the cover parody one of my favorite/most played characters and a phrase that people who play him always use. I loved designing this because I photo shopped the normal logo used in the game into different words ,however, this took up a couple of hours just to get letters ready.

I require medical assistance

Another daily create that I did was daily create was connected to the movie poster one. This one we had to create a movie review to a movie poster that was posted in that daily create so I did what was natural to me and pick a Morgan Freeman one. This was fun creating a review that was based off a short movie poster with the poster not telling much about the whole movie.

The last thing I did was create an alternative book cover for the novel I am supposed to be reading for the class. The book I am reading is called Galapagos by Kurt Vonnegut. For Vonnegut’s work his book covers have the name of the book his name and a single picture in the middle so originally I was going to do the same but instead of a snake in the middle I would put a small finch. When I decided to put the finch in it showed up giant at first which changed my idea completely to just keeping it giant and instead aligning it.

Special edition Vonnegut cover!

Now for the question of the week! This weeks question is What’s been the most successful group you’ve been a part of and what made it work? The most successful group that I have been a part of was probably my hack-a-thon group when I competed in the hack-a-thon freshman year. This group was put together last second but it turned out to be extremely successful we won most creative and could have finished our program completely if we had more time. I was the leader of this group and the person who came up with the idea to create a DnD dice roller. This project worked with my group because it had certain aspects that worked with each persons specialty such as one person being good at Gui’s and another that knew how to program and use an arduino well. We did run into a problem with trying to combine both the arduino code and the Java code for the Gui so we had another program combine them both. This required a new programming language that would parse all the data and transfer it over to the arduino that no one knew so I took the challenge of getting it to work correctly. Overall we all put in the same amount of effort and all worked together pretty well since we all were friends and I believe that was the main reason why we did so well because it was not one person doing all the effort and we all got along.


Categorized as: Weekly Post



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *